Our membership base has grown in excess of 680 and continues to rise as Business Managers and Education Support staff realise the many benefits of being a member. Our growing membership base provides a greater opportunitiy for professional communication with our peers and increases our influence with DET when dealing with current issues.
- One contemporary subsidised annual residential conference (at additional cost).
- Two professional learning and networking days held in March and October (at additional cost).
- Representation and consultation with DEECD as a Stakeholder group.
- Keep abreast of updated DEECD policies, procedures and programs.
- Professional Development opportunities
- Collegiate networking with peers and support groups
- Leadership Program
- Mentoring Program
- VMIA study Award – valued at $7,500 (annual award)
- Learning with Technologies Award valued at $5,000
- Regional Visits
- Interstate collegiate networking as an affiliated member of our national Australian Association of Government School Administrators (AAGSA)
- International collegiate networking opportunities with ASBO International (USA and Canada), National College (UK) and Western Cape (South Africa)
- Low affiliation fee – an individual membership – if you move to another school your membership moves with you (tax deductable if you pay yourself)
Joining is easy! Simply download the form below, complete and send to the Association.
Once your membership is approved, you will be granted access to the Members Only section of this website.
Please note that you must be working as a Business Manager or in a predominately Finance, Administration or Human Resource management role to qualify as a member.
ABMVSS membership application form Membership application Year 2018
Why must I be an ABMVSS financial member to attend the Annual Conference?
Due to the high demand for places at the annual Leadership Conference, and the subsidies provided through our sponsorships and business partnerships, the Conference is limited to ABMVSS members. This residential conference is the main Professional Development activity for the year.
Do I have to be a Business Manager to join?
Membership of the ABMVSS is open to Business Managers and Education Support Staff who hold an ongoing position and who are responsible for the Business, Administration, Finance or Personnel Management in a Victorian government school.
Any person, who has been appointed to a relief position for at least twelve months or longer and is responsible for the Business, Administration, Finance or Personnel Management in a Victorian government school.
Any person who is a member of a comparable international professional body.
Membership shall remain open to members who are seconded to the Victorian government education body, provided they are financial members at the time of their secondment and their secondment does not exceed a maximum of two years.
Life members (special criteria applies)
Our Professional Learning opportunities are tailored to those who meet the above membership criteria.